Ecosystem Services Engineering is seeking a Water Resources Engineer for our Weaverville, NC office with a passion for learning and the environment, relevant experience, and a willingness to be an active participant in the growth of our company. This position has an anticipated start date of October 23, 2017. Compensation will be based on the experience and qualifications of the applicant along with a competitive benefits package. Ecosystem Services Engineering offers a fun, collaborative and engaging work environment, technical and professional mentorship, and an opportunity for advancement in a growing company. Applicants must have the ability and willingness to work in fast-paced and challenging environments, inclement weather, office and field settings, and to travel.
Ecosystem Services Engineering is a natural resource consulting firm with an interdisciplinary staff that includes biologists, environmental scientists, and engineers. Our work is primarily in the mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions and we specialize in ecological restoration, environmental banking, stormwater management, and regulatory permitting. Our goal is to provide each employee with the resources needed to excel in his or her role for the benefit of the individual, the company, and the environment.
- B.S. or Technical Degree in Engineering or Environmental related discipline with 2 to 5 years of experience
- Proficiency with Autodesk Civil 3D
- Proficiency with ArcGIS
- Knowledge of fluvial geomorphology and natural channel design principles
- Knowledge of hydrologic & hydraulic principles
- Knowledge of field surveying
- Knowledge of regulatory permitting in the state of North Carolina
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Must have excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Must have work examples of design work and technical writing
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Perform Civil 3D drafting/design
- Perform ArcGIS map production
- Prepare technical reports and editing
- Prepare RFP/RFQ responses and grant funding applications
- Assist with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and calculations
- Assist with ecological restoration design
- Assist with stormwater management design
- Prepare construction plans
- Perform stream and wetland field assessments and surveys
- Assist with environmental permitting
- Technical task management
- Assist with marketing and business development, when requested
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and résumé via e-mail to our Business Administrator, Jackson Simmons at email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule a phone or in-person interview.
Applications due September 15, 2017