Annemarie is an environmental scientist with a focus in biological, regulatory, and GIS services. She has worked on a variety of projects ranging from infrastructure projects that included roadway improvement, urban stormwater management, and flood control projects, to ecologically-focused projects, including nutrient bank establishment, habitat enhancement, and stream and wetland restoration.
Much of Annemarie’s motivation and passion for her discipline comes from observing the need for preservation and the ability of environmentally sound project management to inform sustainable development practices. It is her understanding of the connection between the preservation of ecosystem services and the promotion of security, poverty reduction, and sustainable livelihoods that energizes her work.
Education • Training • Certification
- M.S. Environmental Science and Policy, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- B.A. Major Government/Minor Environmental Science, College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- DEQ Certified Stormwater Inspector, #SWIN0671
- DEQ Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Inspector, #ESIN0490
- NC Division of Water Resources (DWR) Surface Water Identification Training & Certification (SWITC), #851T-1115
- NC State University RC 101 Stream Morphology Assessment Training & Certification
- NC State University RC 161: Aquatic Insect Taxonomy and Pollution Ecology