We help clients understand and improve natural resources.
- Certified SWaM small and micro business
- Licensed engineering firm
- National Fish & Wildlife Foundation Technical Assistance Provider
- NRCS Technical Service Provider
- DEQ Certified Combined Stormwater Administrator
- DEQ Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Inspector
- Rosgen I-IV Trained Staff
- NCSU Stream Restoration Program Trained Staff
Conducting science & engineering that results in lasting social & environmental uplift
Mission & Philosophy
At Ecosystem Services we believe that the environment and human well-being are inextricably connected. The term “ecosystem services” emerged in the early 1980s and came to represent the benefits that people attain from ecosystems.
When we started our business we wanted to forward this idea: that proper natural resource management and intervention can strengthen or restore the benefits that communities enjoy from their ecosystems. And not only is it the right thing to do, but it’s also the most cost effective solution in the long term.
Now we apply this philosophy and provide our clients with state-of-the-art solutions that restore degraded ecosystems or protect high functioning resources. We specialize in bringing together a diverse group of stakeholders in order to successfully fund and implement ecological restoration and other water resources projects.